My 1st Bluegrass Show
Whew, what a day! After brunch at Molly, Suzanna, Maisy and Jack's, I went to the first annual Bluegrass for the Greenbelt concert at Coventry Grove in Kensington. A benefit for Mom's office, Greenbelt Alliance, it was a three hour concert with local bluegrass stalwarts the Backyard Party Boys, Eric and Suzy Thompson (one of their bands, the Bluegrass Intentions, played at Mom and Dad's wedding) and Laurie Lewis and Tom Rozum.
They played original and traditional bluegrass tunes including my favorites: Laurie and Suzy singing the "Wood Thrush Song", the always inspirational "I'm Gonna be the Wind" and, after I had the pleasure of meeting both Laurie Lewis
I was honored to have them play my theme song "Lil Liza Jane" as their final encore song, dedicated specially to me! Wow, I've never had Grammy-winning artists call me out of the crowd and then sing for me! Thanks guys for a great day, I can hardly wipe the smile off my tired little face!



No comments:
Post a Comment