Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Secret Off Switch

As I get more energy, I'm discovering the joys of crying. Great exercise. I was getting in a few sets this morning but then my parents learned how well "the 5 S's" (swaddle, side or stomach, shush, swing, and suck) lead quickly to the sixth S: sleep. Man, I'm only a week old today and they've already discovered my secret off switch. They're also warming to the idea of putting me down for a change. This morning I slept in the family bassinet for over an hour (becoming the 24th family member to do so) and enjoyed a few rides in the swing. This is great. More sleep AND more rides.

1 comment:

E and P said...

They think they got me wired, but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve... For instance, the I'm-gonna-cry-just-cuz-I-wanna-and-there's-little-you-can-do-about-it. Very effective for keeping them in their place. Secret off switch, HAH!