9/21/06 -- My Birthday!!
My name is Eliza Brown Van de Water. My story begins on a beautiful sunny Thursday in Oakland, CA.
Yesterday at 9:48 in the morning and exactly on my due date (I try to keep things punctual), I entered this exciting and BRIGHT world.
I weighed 7 lbs, 14 oz, measured 20.25
inches long with brown hair, bluish eyes and long fingernails and was calm, cute, wide-eyed, and curious. Everyone was congratulating me, including all the friendly nurses at Kaiser hospital. Of course, the entire thing made me a little sleepy.
My parents were teary-eyed with joy 
and, just a few hours after I arrived, my grandma Debbie showed up at the hospital to help out and welcome me. It was great timing, actually.
The whole experience was so exciting I had to spend much of the night breastfeeding in order to recover for the big one-mile journey home.
I'm home now and look forward to hearing from you and meeting you all someday soon.
Love,
Eliza B.
2 comments:
Eliza, You are amazing, and so articulate, in additon to being punctual and beautiful. Your parents must be so proud! We loo forward to welcoming you the Walker Ave.
Eliza B,
It was great to see you last week at Sally's wedding. I am glad to see your new digs are more spacious. You seemed a bit cramped.
Before your calendar gets to hectic, I wanted to tell you about some great guys you might be interested in when you come to the east coast.
If you like older men, our nephew Joey is one and a half. While he's only 3% in weight he's 103% heart. If you don't mind younger guys, we have another nephew on the way.
Stay cool. Love Sarah and Grant
Post a Comment