Sunday, March 09, 2008

Mama's Birthday

My mama's birthday was this week and she had to go out of town, so I threw a belated party this morning. I arranged a space in my favorite park, invited all my friends, flew Omma and Pop in from Denver, and told my dad to get a bunch of yummy food like grapes and Mighty Bites - you know, all the usual party stuff. Fortunately for my mom, my friends parents are her friends - what a coincidence! - so even though it bore a striking resemblance to a kid birthday party, Mom blew out the candles in her own birthday coffee cake on what turned out to be one of the warmest days of the year. Zoe and I had so much fun palling around on the pirate ship playground, that I made my own boat at home and made Mom join me for an encore sail.Or is that pillage?

No comments: