Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Goodbye Grandpa Bernie

Today my Great-Grandpa Bernie passed away. I met him when I was just a little baby,so my mom has been telling me stories today about him. I have heard about how he and Dudley always brought the family together for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah and how my mom used to go visit him at the rendering plant which was one of the companies he founded. She said it was pretty interesting to see how the company worked but it stank at the plant! One of her favorite memories was how Grandpa Bernie used to take her out all by herself on her birthday and they would go shopping together to get something special. Grandpa Bernie was a big presence in the Stevens family and will be missed! My mom and dad were happy and honored that Grandpa Bernie made the cross country trek to their wedding in Yosemite.

No comments: