My Early Endorsement for '08 - Barack Obama
My mom has been telling me about this great book she's reading called Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama. His experience as a community organizer in Chicago reminded her a lot of her experiences and people she knew working in Oakland. He clearly understands the many problems facing people in American cities these days, and also understands the challenges to fixing them. Combine that with his unique background (a Kenyan father, a Kansas mother, Unitarian grandparents, and the first AfAm editor of the Harvard Law Review) and the fact that he's the first post-boomer to run for President and I was getting pretty excited about having someone like that in the White House. When I learned he was going to be here in Oakland today I suggested we go rally with him
and am now proud to lend Barack Obama my official early endorsement for the next President of the United States! His soothing words about my future put me immediately at ease... and right to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment