Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ball Roll 2007

Last night, we had a delicious crab feast - one of my mom's favorite beach traditions. The bushel of crabs even inspired cousin Sam to take a short break from his vegetarianism to eat the last few (though well shy of his 15-crab record!). This year the crab fest provided inspiration for another great beach tradition - the ball roll. I supervised the early construction and then cooled off in the nearest bucket once I was satisfied with the progress and organization.The final product -- a Chesapeake Bay Blue Crab with four looping, tunneled tracks -- was a sight to behold. Here I am posing with my crew before the final good luck kiss of the ball opening the crab to the public.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the whole eating the ball concept!!!!! I would be right their with you but i got a reputation for self containment to worry about so that idea goes out the window!!!!!


XOXOXOXOXOX
Meghan

PS what is your dads email and your s if you have one??? mine is killerbunniesgrl420@gmail.com