Saturday, December 02, 2006

Me, Dad... & the Waitstaff at the Korean Restaurant

Tonight was my night with Dad. Mom got the night off for a ladies night/baby shower so Dad and I met two other orphaned dads and their respective 2-year-olds at the Tumble and Tea to work up our appetite before dinner at a neighborhood Korean restaurant. So far so good, I slept while Bahia and Julia played. The problem came over kimchi and bi bim bop after Dad tried to give me this plastic pacifier-like thing with lukewarm milk in it and I started getting fussy. Where was the boob?! After an awkwardly long time fussing in any position other than the "hood ornament", Glynn took me for a little walk around the restaurant so Dad could eat. After a few minutes he returned to the table without me, leaving me in the arms of a friendly Korean waitress who bounced me and played with me near the entrance to the kitchen. Pretty soon I had most of the staff there working for me, including one woman who changed my diaper while another clinked spoons together to entertain me.

I'd go back there anyday, Korean restaurants are FUN!

No comments: